HFPG Grant supports Brownstone Relocation
A rendering of the new home of the Brownstone Clinic on Jefferson Street.
The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving (HFPG) has awarded Hartford Hospital a
$300,000 grant to support the relocation of its Brownstone Clinic.
Currently tucked in an inefficient space in the brownstone building next to the
Helen & Harry Gray Cancer Center on Retreat Avenue, the clinic handles more
than 40,000 visits annually for adult primary, specialty, and dental care for the
city’s population with limited acces to healthcare. A new, three-story,
15,000-square-foot clinic is being constructed at 132 Jefferson Street. The new
building will be highly efficient. Multi-use exam rooms, offices, common areas,
and procedure and treatment rooms will allow for a streamlined process for care.
The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is the community foundation
for Hartford and 28 surrounding communities. In 2015, the Foundation
celebrates 90 years of grantmaking in Greater Hartford, made possible
by the gifts of generous individuals, families, and organizations. It has awarded
grants of more than $600 million since its founding in 1925.